The damaru is a double-sided spinning hand-drum with origins in Tibet and India.
The pulsing rhythm of the damaru was used by traders and street performers to summon crowds.
Monkeys were trained to dance to this infectious beat, and the damaru was nicknamed "monkey drum".
Now it's your turn to play the damaru and make the monkey dance with iDamaru for iPhone!
- Play iDamaru by rolling your iPhone between your hands.
- Keep a beat and the monkey will dance to the groove.
- Don't touch the screen or you'll have to start from scratch.
- Keep track of how long you have made the monkey dance.
- Watch a demo and see how this ancient drum is played.